- In angle beam tests of plate or cylindrical sections, the path of the ultrasonic
beam in the test object from point of entry on the front surface to the back
surface and reflecting to the front surface again. See also skip distance.
- Valence Shell
outer electron ring of any atom.
de Graaf generator - an electrostatic type x-ray generator in the
million and multimillion volt category.
- A quantity having amplitude (magnitude) and direction. Normally represented
as a line whose length represents the quantity’s magnitude and the angular
position the phase (relative to some reference).
- See resultant.
traveled per unit time.
- The readable level of vertical indication on an A-scan.
See linearity, amplitude.
rapid back and forth motion of a particle or solid.
Motion - Moving backward and forward, like a pendulum.
- A cathode ray tube presentation in which radiofrequency signals have been
rectified and usually filtered.
curve - The original magnetizing curve of a material.
to flow of a liquid.
dye penetrant - An intensely colored (usually red) highly penetrating
liquid which will provide maximum contrast with the white developer when used
for detection of surface discontinuities.
- Visual Acuity
- The space visible to an eye in a given position
- Volt (V)
The unit of electromotive force or potential difference that will cause a
current of one ampere to flow through a conductor whose resistance is one
ohm. (2) The unit of electromotive force or potential difference between two
points when one joule of energy is used to move one coulomb of charge from
one point to the other.
- Electromotive force or difference in electrical potential. Expressed in
- The instrument used to measure voltage.