FREQUENCY AND PITCH
After reading this section you will be able to do the following:
- Explain how you can change pitch by altering sources.
- Describe what resonance is.
- The Speed of Sound in Air
- The Speed of Sound in Other Materials
- Temperature and Speed of Sound
- The Human Ear
- The Components of Sound
- Frequency and Pitch
- The Doppler Effect
- Sound and Wave Interference
- Refraction of Sound
- Reflection of Sound
- Ultrasound and Ultrasonic Testing
- Angle Beam Testing
- Immersion Ultrasonic Testing
- What happens when you make the string shorter? Longer? Thicker? Thinner? Tighter? Looser?
- What happens when you make the string out of different material?