After reading this section you will be able to do the following:
- Summarize how sound travels and explain what the energy is that allows it to occur.
- Describe the different components waves have.
- List and discuss the different types of waves that exist.
- The Speed of Sound in Air
- The Speed of Sound in Other Materials
- Temperature and Speed of Sound
- The Human Ear
- The Components of Sound
- Frequency and Pitch
- The Doppler Effect
- Sound and Wave Interference
- Refraction of Sound
- Reflection of Sound
- Ultrasound and Ultrasonic Testing
- Angle Beam Testing
- Immersion Ultrasonic Testing
- In each case, what is the energy that makes the sound happen?
The discussion feature allows you to summarize the concepts that you learn in the section above. Click the Discussion button below to start.