ASTM STANDARDS AND RTR
2. Per ASTM E801 and ASTM E1161, list four anomalies that RTR might indicate are present in an electronics device.
3. Per ASTM E1161, if permanent records are required for nonfilm techniques, what are three methods of providing them?
4. How thick, in inches, must the lead be for a lead-topped table, per ASTM E1161?
5. Regarding part identification, per ASTM E801, what must each image header for each part image include?
6. Per ASTM E801, what is the deciding factor regarding permitting use of nonfilm technique, i.e., RTR?
7. Per ASTM E1255, regarding equipment and procedure, what will the minimum system configuration include?
8. List three advantages from section 6 of ASTM E1255 regarding the use of X-ray sources instead of radioisotopic source.
9. What is the best way to determine system performance?
11. How would you determine the frequency of the performance measurement procedure?
A. What does the LP test pattern evaluate?
B. What does the step wedge evaluate?
13. Per ASTM E1255, section 6.25, list five of the considerations you will take into account regarding the environment that the RTR will be performed in.
15. Regarding records and reports, what section of ASTM E1255 will you refer to to determine the necessary information for an archival examination record?
16. Per ASTM E1255, section 6 - 1.4 - 3 addresses digital imaging. What is one precaution to keep in mind when inspecting on the fly (dynamically)?
True _____ False ______
18. Does ASTM E1411 provide methods with which to evaluate individual components of the RTR system, or the total system?
19. Per ASTM E1416, where can you go for help selecting radiation source?
20. Per ASTM E1416, what is the maximum geometric unsharpness allowed for a weld 1.75 thick?
21. Per ASTM E1416 regarding geometric unsharpness, will a source-to-detector distance of 28 be acceptable for a weld 2.5 thick when an X-ray tube with a 300-micron focal spot is used?
Yes ________ No ________
If no, what will the actual ug factor be?
22. Per ASTM E1416, what factors will you consider when determining the examination speed for dynamic examination?
23. Per ASTM E1734, what are three methods of decreasing scattered radiation?
24. Per ASTM E1734, system performance can be tracked using an LP test pattern and step wedge. What energy and intensity levels must be used in evaluation?